Fall is my favorite fashion season for many reasons the main one being that I love jackets! I own no less than 70 jackets and blazers but my preferred style is a good leather. They can cover your arms, be thrown over a ball gown or workout clothes, look better with age and with the right layering can take you all the way to December. If you don't own an amazing leather jacket, don't start with a standard black moto. Everyone has one of those and the key to building a wardrobe that is truly yours is to accumulate stand out pieces that can still go with everything. If you must stick with black, get a unique cut or texture. A weaved black leather is timeless; a studded black leather may not be as much. Instead of basic black, I would advise a stand out color - cobalt blue, olive green and bordeaux all work for fall. Here are six beautiful coats that would each gladly earn rotation into my rack of fall jackets.
P.S. In the photo above I am wearing a vegan leather moto from Zara. Perfect for windy, summer nights as shown above.
1. AllSaints Plait Balfern Leather Biker Jacket $595
2. Ann Demeulemeester Asymmetric Jacket $1543
3. Belstaff Quilted Leather Jacket $988
4. Faith Connexion Sailor Leather Jacket $1770
5. BlankNYC Morning Suede Moto Jacket $188
6. Zara Faux Metallic Moto Jacket $70