Blazers are my second favorite closet item after moto jackets. They can dress up a casual outfit, make anything business appropriate and cover problem areas like arms or too much cleavage. While I don't miss having a job where I was forced to wear suits, I do love the versatility of the blazer. My favorite blazers are of the tweed variety or tuxedo blazers, but really this is one closet item you can never have too many of.
With fall weather officially hitting NY this week, I thought I'd round up some blazers I have my eye on. This fall velvet is making a comeback and if you have to get one new blazer, I'd suggest a gorgeous rich velvet to lux up the collection. When shopping for a velvet blazer, my preference is for a silk based velvet as opposed to a cotton based velvet. The silk adds more of a drape and enhances the overall lux factor, especially when layering.
1. Kooples Kimono Velvet Blazer
2. DKNY Long Tuxedo Blazer - most similar to the blazer I am wearing in the photo
3. Alice & Olivia Jacquard Blazer
4. Laveer Kadette Blazer
5. Veronica Beard Wisteria Flight Blazer - my favorite of the bunch as you won't see anyone else wearing this to the office or for brunch on Saturday. The business of the blazer combined with the sportiness of a flight jacket is second to none.
6. Marco de Vincenzo Metallic Stripe Blazer
P.S. Photo taken at Queen of the Night wearing a Torn by Ronny Kobo dress and an Isabel Marant for H&M blazer.